How we buy & sell used sports equipment
-We get our used equipment from people just like you!! To ensure we offer our customers the best value, we are selective about what we buy, and if it's too worn or outdated - we might not buy it.
What type of sports gear do you buy?
-As a general rule, we buy used sports gear that has a good potential of selling in our market. For example, If the item is ripped, has a broken zipper, is missing parts, etc., we probably won't be able to buy it. Specialized and unique items are great, but if the resale potential is questionable, we might off to consign them.
How much will I get for my stuff?
- Most people are willing to pay "around" half the new price for something used. For example, a Heart of the Hide Baseball Glove is about $200 new, so a used one in decent condition would retail for "about" $100. You could generally expect to get anywhere from $30 to $50.
See all frequently asked questions »
Trade in your used equipment to buy new at a discount, or buy used to save up to 50-70%!
Recycle your quality used sports equipment at Play It Again Sports. Kids outgrow sports equipment so fast it’s amazing. Much of this gear is still in great condition and has lots of years left in it, which makes that cluttered garage or closet a potential source of income. Cashing in your quality used gear at Play It Again Sports is fast and easy:
- Clean out that closet, garage or basement!
- Load up your quality used brand name sports and fitness equipment and bring it to our store.
- Check in with a sales associate to review what you have to sell or trade.
- While you check out the latest arrivals in the store, we will review your items based on condition, brand and our current stock levels.
- Your sales associate will determine the value of your items and either pay you on the spot or you can trade your items towards your purchase that day.
- You walk out of the store with new gear, money in your pocket or both!
Of course, we sure try, but we can't buy everything.
How We Buy Used
Your Basement Could Be A Gold Mine!
Kids grow like weeds – and they outgrow sports equipment so fast it’s amazing. Much of this gear is still in great condition and has lots of years left in it, which makes that cluttered garage or closet a potential source of income. If your treadmill is collecting dust and you have a fancy to try something new like an elliptical machine, we can help you trade your quality used fitness equipment in for something new, used or for cash. Instead of getting pennies on the dollar at a garage sale, simply bring your used sports and fitness gear in to our store and start cashing in today.
Play It Again Sports® pays cash for all kinds of sports and fitness gear, large and small. After all – adults like to try new sports too, right? And when next year rolls around and your kids need an even larger size, count on us to help you trade it up. Plus, we offer you more choices with a large selection of quality used gear and an even larger selection on new name-brand products.
Play It Again Sports shoppers know what’s cool and what brands are tops in their categories. It is our responsibility to make sure the latest and greatest sports and fitness gear is available at great prices, so please be mindful of this when bringing in your items to sell. To get started we suggest the following:
- Call us to find out the most wanted or the most asked for items.
- Check out our most wanted brands.
- Make sure your items are clean, in good condition and include all necessary parts before bringing them to us for resale.
Bicycles (Beach Cruisers & Mtn Bikes)
Treadmills, Ellipticals, Exercise Bikes
Benches, Olympic Plates, Bars, Dumbells
Surfboards, Wetsuits, Snowboards, Skateboards
Tennis & Raquetball Racquets
Lacrosse Pads, Sticks & Equipment
Baseball & Softball Bats, Gloves, Balls, Gear Bags
Sell for cash or trade-in to create your own discounts.
We'll pick up Exercise Equipment.
Here's how it works.
Choice #1. Consignment: We offer your item(s) for sale in our store and we pay you a guaranteed amount after it is sold. This is the choice that pays you the most.
Choice #2. Trade: We pay you with store credit for your unwanted sports gear that you sell to us. This typically will be 20% more than we pay in cash. You may use the store credit for anything in our store or save it for another day. Use part or all of it at a time.
Choice #3. Sell: We pay you CASH (a check that is) for your items. This is the least amount paid, but hey, you can now take a trip to Baja or buy that new computer you've wanted.
Choice #4. Donate: Contribute your items for the benefit of community organizations. They get the money and you get the tax benefit and the satisfaction of having help a worthy cause or group.
Consignment not available on all items. We buy only quality used equipment, clean and in saleable condition. Purchase is subject to inspection, seasonal conditions, and sport category.